If your car is insured via ALD, you can get information about how to act if an accident occurs and the damage is done. We have our own damage department, ensuring you quick and flexible service.
What to do if the damage is done?
Below, you can get a quick overview of what to do in case of significant damages or when a counterpart is involved. In the event of a single accident, it is sufficient to merely find a repair workshop from the list on My ALD.
- If people are hurt, call 112 right away.
- If a counterpart is involved, always make sure to get the counterpart's registration number as well as name and address if relevant. If there are any witnesses, it is also a good idea to ask for their names and addresses.
- If a counterpart is involved and the counterpart's vehicle has been damaged, remember to take a photo of the counterpart's damages. Do not discuss the damage on site - we will settle the matter with the counterpart's insurance company.
- Find a repair workshop that covers your make in your area on My ALD, so that your car can be fixed. Remember to inform the workshop that your company car is insured via ALD.
- Fill out a damage report online on My ALD or call us at +45 33 55 80 60 and inform us about the damages.
If your car is unable to drive, please contact Falck at +45 80 24 00 00.
Print this document and place it in your car, so that you can always get a quick overview of what to do if an accident has occurred, irregardless of whether it has happened in Denmark or abroad.
What to do in case of glass damage?
All stone chips can crack - large as well as small. Stone chips crack when the pressure in the stone chip becomes too big, and many factors contribute to increasing the pressure. Here, both the age of the chip and the temperature play an important part. Carglass and Dansk Bilglas are ALD Automotive’s preferred glass suppliers, and they can help you whether the stone chips need to be repaired or the windshield needs to be changed.
In case of glass damage, you need to do the following:
- Contact Carglass or Dansk Bilglas by phone or book an appointment online. The quicker the stone chip is repaired, the smaller the risk is for the windshield cracking and having to be changed:
- You can put a windshield plaster over the stone chip, so that humidity or dirt will not make the damage worse while waiting for reparation. Contact Carglass or Dansk Bilglas to requisition windscreen plasters.
- You decide whether Carglass or Dansk Bilglas should come to you, or if you wish to use one of their workshops. If your car has a camera connected to the windshield, it needs to be calibrated after windshield change. For some car brands, it is required that the calibration takes place at a repair workshop with the help of a board.
- If you have an insurance via ALD Automotive, Carglass/Dansk Bilglas will take care of the payment hereby.
Glass damage in Europe
Carglass can also help you if you get glass damage in Europe. You simply call Carglass in Denmark at +45 43 22 98 72, which will make sure that their fellow enterprises in other countries help you. Afterwards, Carglass takes care of the payment with your insurance company.
Temporary rental car – on us!
If your company car is insured via ALD Automotive, we offer you a lending car when it comes to damages through selected car repair shops. As it is not all car repair shops that have as many lending cars available, we recommend that you book an appointment for reparation early.
Lending cars are offered with certain conditions when choosing a car repair shop from the list at My ALD, and the car repair shop needs to have a lending car available at the preferred date. If your car has total damage, no lending car will be offered.
Conisder that the lending car needs to be returned with a full fuel tank. If the lending car Is not returned with a full fuel tank and the agreed kilometers is exceeded, the car repair shop will charge a fee that will be passed on to you.
Not an insurance customer yet?
If you are still not insurance customer with us, you can contact ALD’s insurance department at telephone +45 33 55 80 60 and hear more about which insurance solution we can offer to your company. We have broad coverage and competitive pricing.